The antioxident-rich maize can help reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer. Boost your health with these tantalising recipes.
Do not wash cooked corn under running water - the kernels will turn soggy.
When choosing fresh corn, look for evenly spaced and plump kernels in tight rows.
To remove kernels, run a sharp knife down the cob.
Corn - Part 1.
Tasty finger food on-the-go.
Ingredients (serves 6):
2 tbsp olive oil
8 American pork sausages, with skin removed
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
6 to 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
6 flour tortillas
A handful of rocket leaves
1 cup salsa
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook the sausages for 5 minutes, breaking them into small pieces.
2. Combine the cheeses, corn and tomatoes in a medium bowl, add the sausages and set aside.
3. Place the filling equally into each tortilla, leaving a 1cm border all around.
4. Roll the tortillas into a cone and place on a foil-lined baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheeses have melted.
5. Add the rocket leaves to the tortillas and serve hot with salsa on the side.
Make quesadillas by placing the filling between two tortillas and frying them in butter until golden brown.
Recipe source: Simply Her magazine (Mar 2009)