Ingredients (serves 4):
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
200g white button mushrooms, washed and sliced
125ml white wine
250g salmon fillet, cut into cubes
1 tsp dried thyme
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 litres water
450g fusilli pasta
1. Heat olive oil in a pan. Fry onion and garlic till lightly browned.
2. Add mushrooms and saute for 1 minute. Add white wine and bring to a boil. Pour in the cream.
3. Add salmon and cook for 2 minutes. Season with thyme, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, bring water and remaining 1 tsp salt to a boil. Add pasta, and give it a swirl to prevent it from sticking together. Cook for 7 minutes or till al dente.
5. Drain pasta and toss with sauce immediately. The drained cooking water can be added to the sauce if it is too thick.
Recipe source: Today newspaper