SCS butter crunchy almond cookies
250g SCS pure creamery butter
110g icing sugar
240g self-raising flour
80g ground almonds
90g toasted almond nibs
20g milk powder
1/2 tsp sodium bicarbonate
150g almond flakes
1. Combine ingredients (A) and beat until light and fluffy.
2. Stir in ingredients (B) and mix well.
3. Shape 1 level tbsp of dough mixture into ball and place on baking tray 5cm apart from each other.
4. Flatten dough balls with flour-coated fork to about 1cm thick. Glaze with beaten egg yolk and sprinkle the top with almond flakes.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 180 deg C or until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and leave to cook before serving or storing.
Recipe source: Simply Her magazine (Jan 2009)