Ingredients (serves 2):
2 cod fillets or any other firm, oily white fish
For the sauce:
3 tbsp FairPrice canola oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tbsp light soy sauce
4 tbsp water
3 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1 tbsp FairPrice Oyster Sauce
Thumb-sized piece ginger, thinly sliced
2 spring onions, chopped
2 tsp FairPrice sugar
1/3 tsp FairPrice sesame oil
Coriander and chopped spring onions
1. Steam the cod fillets until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
2. To make the sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry garlic briefly, till fragrant.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for about 2 minutes.
5. Carefully place the cod on a serving plate and spoon the sauce over.
6. Garnish with coriander and spring onions.
Recipe uses FairPrice Oyster Sauce ($1.80) available at all FairPrice supermarkets.
Recipe source: Today newspaper (19 Feb 2009)